The Sturgis Falls Celebration Board of Directors annually selects three deserving high school seniors from the metropolitan area to receive $1,500.00. The scholarship is aimed at promoting educational opportunities for students who will be attending an accredited college, university or trade school.
Please review the following information for eligibility and criteria for receiving the Sturgis Falls Scholarship:
The Sturgis Falls Scholarship is available to a student who:
- is a senior in high school
- lives within the metropolitan area (Black Hawk County, IA)
- has a grade point of 3.00 or higher on a 4.00 scale
Use of Scholarship
The Scholarship amount may not exceed $1,500.00. This may be used to defray tuition, supplies, room and board, or any other college-related costs at an accredited college, university or trade school.
The Scholarship will be issued jointly to the institution and the student. The scholarship must be used during the Fall and/or Spring term immediately after receipt by the applicant. No continued scholarship support for the student is implied or stated.
The Scholarship will be awarded with consideration of the following criteria:
- a 500-word typewritten essay that relates the students' goals and aspirations to the spirit of the Sturgis Falls Celebration. Essay must be double spaced in a 12pt font with attention to sentence structure, spelling & grammar.
- scholastic record and transcript
- extra-curricular activities and leadership roles
- verbal references
All the required elements must be submitted by mail by February 15. Please mail applications to:
Sturgis Falls Celebration Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 771
Cedar Falls, Iowa 50613
Selected applicants will be notified by March 31.